The messaging company SnapChat has announced in a statement the permanent blocking of the US President’s account after his recent provocative actions.
A SnapChat spokesman said in the release that Donald Trump’s account was completely removed from the application on Wednesday, according to the analyst website Politico.
“We decided to permanently block his account in the interest of public safety and for his efforts to spread false information and incite hatred and violence, which is a clear violation of our instructions,” the spokesman said.
Last week, after the insurrection by Trump supporters at the seat of Congress, which left at least five dead, Snapchat, like other social networks such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, suspended the outgoing president’s account.
At the same time, the video hosting service YouTube announced in a statement that it had removed the new content from Trump’s official channel, leaving him unable to upload new videos to that website for at least seven days and until the day of the new president’s inauguration.
by Jeremy Abbott – American Correspondent – FN