Donald Trump, on the recommendation of an Israeli lobby in Washington, has ordered the Israeli regime to be included in the scope of activities of “Centcom.”
The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday in a special press release, citing U.S. officials: “In the final days of his administration, to strengthen Arab countries’ ties to Israel against Iran, Donald Trump ordered the expansion of Centcom terrorist activities in the Middle East, including Tel Aviv.”
The Washington-based “Jewish Foundation for U.S. National Security” last December called on the U.S. government to strengthen the alliance and cooperation between Tel Aviv and Arab countries against Iran, for this it is necessary that you expand the scope of Centcom’s activities to occupied Palestine (Israel).
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, retired General Anthony Zinnie, former general and former commander of Centcom terrorists, welcomed the move and the “timing” of the Trump administration in its final days in office.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the Trump administration’s move is the latest political move to shape President-elect Joe Biden’s national security agenda.
This paper, which is close to the American Republicans, further wrote: “Until now, U.S. military responsibility for Israel has rested with the U.S. military’s European command.”
Following normalization of relations between the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain and Morocco and Tel Aviv, the Washington-based Jewish National Security Foundation called on the U.S. government last month to strengthen the alliance and cooperation between Tel Aviv and Arab countries against Iran. This, it said, requires expanding the scope of Centcom’s activities to include occupied Palestine.
So far, the Centcom commander has not commented on this.
USA reduces number of soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan
Five days before President Donald Trump leaves office, previously announced troop reductions in Iraq and Afghanistan have been completed.
Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller announced Friday that the number of U.S. troops in Iraq has been reduced from 3,200 to 2,500.
In Iraq, he said, the reduction in troop levels reflects the “increased capabilities” of Iraqi security forces against the IS terrorist militia. The remaining U.S. troops will be sufficient to support the Iraqi army in its fight against the remnants of the IS terrorist militia, the acting defense secretary stressed.
The number of 2500 U.S. troops is sufficient to ensure the security of “America, our citizens and our interests,” Miller added.
Tensions between Washington and Baghdad had massively escalated at the beginning of the year after the U.S. assassinated General Qassem Soleimani, commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards’ al-Quds Brigades, and Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis, deputy commander of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Forces (Al-Hashd Al-Shaabi), in a drone strike near Baghdad International Airport on January 03, 2020. After that, there had been a series of missile attacks on U.S. military positions in Iraq attributed to resistance forces.
In addition, thousands of Iraqis took to the streets at the time demanding the withdrawal of U.S. troops from their country.
The Iraqi parliament also called for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from the country. Two days after the deadly terrorist attack on Generals Soleimani and Al-Muhamdis, that is, on 05 January 2020, a majority of MPs voted in favor of a resolution demanding the end of foreign military presence in Iraq.
On the other hand, the U.S. terrorist army announced on Friday that the number of U.S. troops in Afghanistan has been reduced to 2,500. In February 2020, the U.S. government had reached an agreement with Taliban to gradually withdraw the soldiers. All troops are to be withdrawn from Afghanistan by May this year.
by Jeremy Abbott – American Correspondent – WN