South Korea has accused Pyongyang of launching two ballistic missiles off the east coast of the peninsula, in the direction of Japan, on September 15. Tokyo and Seoul are preparing for “any eventuality,” while the U.S. says there is no “imminent threat”
The South Korean Joint Staff Command said that North Korea today launched two ballistic missiles from the east coast into the Sea of Japan. This was reported by the Yonhap Agency, specifying that “assessments of the incident are still ongoing.”
The latest test is the second ballistic missile launch by the North made so far this year and the fifth major weapons test if we take into account those that saw the new long-range cruise launchers tested over the weekend.
Meanwhile, South Korea is claiming a successful test of a submarine-launched ballistic missile, making the country the seventh in the world to possess such military technology. This was reported by the South Korean Presidential Office, pointing out that the same President Moon Jae-in inspected the launch at a local center of the Agency for Defense Development (Add), a few hours after the launch of the two ballistic carriers ended up in the Sea of Japan and carried out by North Korea.