The Palestinian resistance movement Hamas said Israel is implementing its annexation plan by increasingly demolishing Palestinian homes and structures and confiscating land, and called for the formation of a united national front against the occupation regime.
“The escalation in the demolition of houses, the increase in settlement construction and the confiscation of land indicate a gradual implementation of the annexation plan,” Hazem Qassem, Hamas spokesman, said in a written statement on Saturday, the Palestinian Information Center reported.
He added that the best way to confront Israel’s open war against the Palestinians is to create a united national front against Tel Aviv based on a common fighting strategy.
The Hamas official also stressed that the Palestinian Authority, which governs the occupied West Bank, should implement the results of a meeting of the secretaries general of the Palestinian factions and accelerate the activation of popular resistance.
Qassem added that the implementation of the annexation plan formulated by the U.S. took place under the guise of normalization agreements with some Arab regimes. In this regard, he referred to the U.S.-brokered agreements between Israel and four Arab governments – the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Sudan and Morocco – since August.
He also warned that the much-condemned normalization agreements would encourage the Israeli occupation regime to escalate its aggression against the Palestinian people and undermine their cause.
Earlier on Saturday, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) announced that Israeli authorities demolished 52 Palestinian structures in the occupied West Bank and East al-Quds (East Jerusalem) over the past two weeks.
Israeli forces demolished three buildings in East al-Quds between November 24 and December 7, displacing 67 Palestinians and harming some 860 others.
Separately, the European Union (EU) announced that the regime plans to evict another 200 Palestinian families from their homes in al-Quds. According to the statement, 14 families have already lost their homes in the Batan al-Hawa neighborhood since 2015, and more than 80 other households are facing eviction demands and are on the verge of eviction. (JP)
by Basit Abbasi