An official in the Yemeni Foreign Ministry has warned Israel against military aggression against the Arab country, stressing that such a move will trigger a full-scale war in the Middle East and the regime itself will be the first to suffer.
“If the Zionist regime commits a major folly against Yemen, all its interests as well as those of its allies in the Red Sea region will become a legitimate target within the framework of the right of self-defense guaranteed by all international conventions and agreements,” Yemen’s official Saba news agency quoted the unnamed official as saying on Sunday.
He went on to say that the Tel Aviv regime has no right to interfere in Yemen’s affairs, advising Israeli officials to focus largely on the situation in the occupied Palestinian territories and stop threatening regional states.
He noted that Israel is looking for excuses to advance its hostile actions, cover up its ongoing aggression against the Palestinian people, and promote normalization agreements with more countries.
The remarks came days after Brig. Gen. Hidai Zilberman, spokesman for the Israeli military, told the Saudi news website Elaph that the Tel Aviv regime expected an Iranian attack could come from Iraq and Yemen.
In an interview published Friday, Zilberman described Iraq and Yemen as Iran’s second circle after Lebanon and Syria and said Israel has been closely monitoring the situation in both countries.
He noted that Iran has developed a wide range of capabilities in this area, including advanced drones and remote-controlled missiles, indicating “a great Iranian capability in this field.”
Back on Nov. 12 last year, Yemen’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement strongly warned Israel against a “stupid act” against the nation following controversial remarks by the regime’s prime minister.
“Should Israel commit a stupid act against our nation… the people would not hesitate to announce a fight in the divine way against this enemy (Israel),” Ansarullah leader Abdul-Malik al-Houthi had said in a televised address on the anniversary of the birth of the revered Prophet Muhammad (Q).
“We would also not hesitate to deal deadly blows to [Israel] and attack the extremely sensitive targets of Israel’s usurping regime,” he added.
His remarks came after comments made a month earlier by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in which he claimed Iran had tried to attack Israel with missiles from Yemen.
Five days before the first anniversary of the death as a martyr of the architect of the axis of the Resistance, assassinated on January 3 by the American terrorist regime at Baghdad airport, none of his enemies have any interest in taking lightly the singular interview that Hezbollah Secretary General Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah has just granted to Al-Mayadeen on the evening of December 27.
No one and even less Israel, whose anxiety is at its height just at the idea of being a natural part of this retaliation that Iran has promised to be “implacable”, “painful” and “precise” and that it has made irreversible by a second assassination of an Iranian in less than a year, that of the chief nuclear physicist, Fakhrizadeh.
For once, and since its fake creation on the ruins of Palestine, Israel is indeed posing itself as the “soft underbelly” of history, a wound within the US Empire bleeding that neither the B-52s nor the USS Georgia will be able to save from the waters, when the H-hour of vengeance will have sounded and that normalization is trying to hide very clumsily. This is the mega code that Nasrallah had delivered this Sunday evening to friends and enemies at Al-Mayadeen’s microphone, and that his number one enemy, Israel, has every interest in deciphering, if it is not already the case. And how? Indeed, for the first time since the disappearance of General Soleimani, Nasrallah pointed to the US-Israel-Arab trio as both the mastermind and the executioner of the murder, while stressing that one of its components, Riyadh, is pushing the other two to eliminate it as well:
“The information at our disposal confirms that Saudi Arabia has been inciting the US administration for a long time – at least since the outbreak of the war against Yemen – to assassinate me. In recent years, the Saudi leadership has adopted an unreasonable policy of holding grudges”.
This unprecedented announcement by Nasrallah makes the Salman Arab Republic an avatar of Israel and thus a target of the Resistance’s revenge in the same way as the Zionist entity. Now who says the Resistance against the pro-Israeli puppet in power in Riyadh, says Ansarallah, says Abqaiq, Yanbu, Jizan, Jeddah, and the simultaneous missile and drone strikes that from September 2019 to December 2020 have made these Saudi oil ports, a real “hell”, a strike that even caused the British oil companies based in Jeddah to flee, making observers say that after 6 years of war, Ansarallah has finally reversed the trend and imposed his “Blockade” on the kingdom imbued with his petrodollars!
But it is this perspective that made the spokesman of the army of the Israeli friend of Riyadh, Hidai Zilberman say on Saturday this:
“Israel could be targeted from Iraq or Yemen. Israeli leaders are in a state of extreme surveillance and vigilance to face either a limited Iranian retaliatory attack or a blitzkrieg”.
This is by far the first time that the Zionist army has so openly feared an attack from Iraq or Yemen, and not from southern Lebanon or the Gaza Strip, which in itself constitutes a mega admission of failure, the recognition of the emergence of a united bloc that Western phraseologists are not happy about, goes well beyond the highly inappropriate term “Iran and its proxies”, which includes a homogeneous firepower, a united geostrategic intelligence spread over an immense geographical area of 7 million square kilometers and which is capable of targeting the enemy on the scale of all of Western Asia.
As for the rest, the retaliation that Nasrallah speaks of and that Zilberman fears has every reason in the world to come from Yemen: because the country, which with the help of a single Qods -2 missile has put the second most important Saudi port Jeddah out of action, will do better with Qods 3 or Qods 4 when it has to strike Eilat, an Eilat that shelters the Israeli war fleet and an oil pipeline that carries the oil landed from the Red Sea to the refineries in Haifa and where factories process on the spot the raw materials imported by Israel, as well as copper and manganese from the Negev desert.
A superb target, as suggested by the Deputy Prime Minister of the Yemeni National Salvation Government, who warned against any “foolishness” that the Israeli-Golfian coalition “would commit in the Red Sea” and which would immediately trigger a total escalation: “It would be a total escalation against the backdrop of an Israel and its Arab allies who already lack results in Yemen, risk putting their skins on it… We have proved our military competence in six years of war and we are ready to prove it again”.
Avia.pro, a Russian military site too active in the Middle East, believes it understands through this warning a more than direct allusion to the sending by Israel of a submarine to the Persian Gulf, a submarine that the Zionists say, without daring to give more details, to have already crossed the Suez Canal with the blessing of Cairo:
“A few days ago, an Israeli submarine armed with cruise missiles crossed the Suez Canal and is reportedly heading towards the Persian Gulf. However, the Houthis, allies of Iran, have just announced their intention to prevent this Israeli submarine from passing through the Bab el-Mandeb Strait and they obviously intend to do so by laying up to 50 sea mines and IEDs in its path. The situation of the crew of an Israeli submarine is evolving in a very dangerous way, as this week, a third tanker in less than a month was targeted: the Saudi authorities, who account for these incidents with their devastating impacts on the production and export of their oil, said that this third tanker was targeted by a sea mine, unlike the second one, the British BW-Rhine, which was targeted by a boat bomb near Jeddah. At this rate, the Israeli submarine is off to a good start, especially according to reports that there could be as many as 500 mines and dangerous improvised devices located mainly by the Houthis”.
Russian interest in what is happening between the Resistance and the US/Israel/Riyadh axis in the Red Sea is understandable as the Russians have just established a naval base in the Sudanese port and hope to make a breakthrough in the area as oil exports from fields belonging to Southern Sudan depend entirely on the Republic of Sudan and control of the Sudanese port oil terminal has a direct link to Russia’s energy strategy.
But as with Syria and Lebanon, the Russians are obviously counting on the support of the Yemeni Resistance. At the first click, it will first be a limited blow (explosion of the Zionist submarine, editor’s note) as Zilberman would say, and at the second, it will be Eilat….. then Haifa…. or what amounts to the same thing, a “blitzkrieg”.
by Jeremy Abbott – American Correspondent